Saturday, February 10, 2018

Saturday Showcase - Prima Gold Crackle Texture Paste & Artisan Powder

Hi!  Suzz here.  I am going to share how I used a variety of gold and brown goodies to create the background on this card.
Steps:

1.  Paint a sheet of mixed media cardstock with gesso.  Let dry.  (I like to create a full sheet to allow me to pick and choose the sections after I am done for my tags, cards, etc.  For my samples I cut it down into pieces to show each step)

2. Apply gold crackle texture paste in sections of the crossed stencil over the gesso background.  (This was done randomly in various sections of the background)

3.  Sprinkle the artisan powder over the still wet crackle paste.  (Use a scrap paper in the background to catch excess powder)


4. Spritz water over the powder. (You can add more water to make the powder dissolve completely or leave more of the concentrated color with less water)
5. Spritz Ground Espresso on edge and spritz with more water.
6.  Now the fun begins... Spritz with more water, tilt, turn, lay flat,  you decide how much color to keep or drip off the background.


7. Splatter Tarnished Brass Distress Stain into the wet ink. The gold will spread and leave spots of gold in the midst of the brown ink.

 8. Pick up gold ink from Unicorn Hair with paint brush.  (You can use the wood end of the brush for more concentrated circles or the brush for softer blobs of paint)

9. Touch end of brush to paper. Based on the liquidity of the ink / water  your gold will spread.
10. Let your paper dry.  The ink will soak into the gesso and lose some of the deepness of color.
 What I like about this process is each one turns out differently and you can keep adding more drops and dollops of gold, brown or shimmer.

 Here are all the different pieces created during my samples and original project:


 I hope this has you grabbing your inks, stencils, and paints and inking it up this Saturday! Don't forget to come play along with us in the current "All You Need is Love" Challenge.

Get Inky!

Suzz



6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing how to create these magical backgrounds Suzz - I love how they all come out looking so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a gorgeous bunch of backgrounds, and I love that technique. It's such a rich, vintage look. Thanks, Suzz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful backgrounds, Suzz! Thanks for tutorial and ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this result Suzz! The gold against the deep moody and grungy colors is incredible! Stunning and thank you for the steps. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Suzz! I love love love this so much. Thanks for sharing your recipe. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzz, I'm late, but I'm so happy to see how you've made these beautiful, grungy backgrounds! Awesome technique and a great tutorial! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete