Friday, July 7, 2017

Friday Focus: Tammy Tutterow Designs Stamps and Dies

Hello, Friends! Kathy here, and I am just so excited that it's time for a new Friday Focus at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

Not familiar with Friday Focus? This is our opportunity to share with you ideas, tips and techniques for using a specific product or range currently available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. For the next two weeks, all Tammy Tutterow Stamps and Dies will be available for an additional 15% discount! I hope to share a project that shows the beauty and versatility of these lovely products.

If you're in a rush, you can skip right to the bottom of this post where I share a 10 minute YouTube video tour of this project with you.

Welcome Wee One Folio with Tammy Tutterow Stamps and Dies



The Welcome Wee One Folio measures 5.5" x 7.5" and has a 1/2" spine. The half inch spine gives me the opportunity to add lots of goodies to the inside. I make these like a standard top fold card, just a little larger.


How sweet is this sentiment? Like all of Tammy's stamps, this one hand drawn in her gorgeous handwriting. It's a "red rubber" cling stamps so the stamping quality is top notch. And, this Welcome Wee One stamp comes with a matching die that cuts the sentiment out for you, so there's no fussy cutting involved.


I love how easy these stamps are to color. I just used colored pencils to fill in the sentiment and those darling little pea pods. Then I added Glossy Accents for a little extra pop and shine. I stamped directly onto patterned paper from Graphic 45's Baby to Bride Deluxe Collector's Edition. To add even more depth and texture to the design, I stamped Tammy's gorgeous Dear Ruby background stamp on the pink gingham layer. I use this stamp all the time.

Shortie Tabs Die


This sweet little banner was a cinch to make thanks to Tammy's Shortie Tabs Die. There are 8 different dies in the set, so you have lots of options. I mixed and matched dies to cut a variety of designer paper. Each Shortie Tab is double ended with a score line in the center. All I had to to was ink the edges with a little Tea Dye Distress Ink and fold in half over some natural jute twine. You can do much more than make banners with this versatile die. I've used it to create tabs on file folders, and as you'll see in a bit, these shortie tabs make great layering elements.
Shabby Posies and Pom Pom Posies Die


Let's talk flowers. I have all of Tammy's floral dies and love every single one of them. For this project, I used the 2 smallest petal layers from the Shabby Posies Die along with the single leaf and leaf cluster from Pom Pom Posies.

I die cut these flowers from designer paper making short work of the task. But I've also created these flowers from felt, burlap, inked up cardstock...and they always come out great.

Paper Bag Envelope Die


This folio is a hybrid: part card, part mini album and lots of fun to create. Finishing the inside with pockets allows me to turn the card into a gift.


I used Tammy's Paper Bag Envelope Die to create this boutique worthy pocket. Then I created a micro mini album with the Mini Tag Book Die.

Mini Tag Book Die


This might be the cutest die I've ever seen. I've used it time an time again because I love it so very much. The die comes with a cover (cut 2) inner pages (cut as many as you like...and they are prescored) and the tab closure. Although it measures a petite 2.5" x 4.25 inches, it is mighty! I've layered the cover up with an image from the collection and more of those adorable Shortie Tabs.


The size is perfect for a Baby Brag Book, but I've also used it to make a Fairy Book, a Travel Book, and loads of other projects. It just comes together so quickly that I can't seem to stop using it.


The design for binding this Mini Tag Book is pure genius. The die scores the spine AND pierces the holes. It also scores the book pages, so all you have to do is fold. Glue the two spine pieces together, run thin ribbon or twine or string through the holes with a needle and tie a bow. DONE! It just doesn't get any easier than that!


Shortie Tags Die


I love to add these little tags to pockets. The Shortie Tag Die comes with 6 different decorative borders that you can add to the basic tag. I've used two of them on this quick and easy tag that I cut directly from the designer paper. Another Shortie Tab makes a sweet resting spot for my chipboard button.


I used a leftover piece of cardstock to make this 3.25" x 4.25" tri fold folio/ gift card wallet. The belly band closure is decorated with designer paper, chipboard and a scrap of dyed seam binding ribbon.

Welcome Wee One YouTube Video Tour 



I've barely scratched the surface of all the ways you can use Tammy's beautiful stamps and dies.  You can pop on over to The Funkie Junkie Boutique and see even more! At an additional 15% off, Friday Focus is the perfect opportunity to add them to your crafty stash!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Cheerio,
kathy

Product Links to the Funkie Junkie Boutique


6 comments:

  1. Wow, you've outdone yourself, Kathy and that's hard to do because your work is always amazing. This is totally drool worthy and the video tour is sensational. Thank you for showcasing the Tammy Tutterow products in such a spectacular fashion!

    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Kathy, I wholeheartedly agree with Linda - wow! You've certainly shown how to use each and every product in a beautiful and creative way, and all combined this is every mother's dream gift for her sweet one. Love it and thanks for the video walk through. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO imaginative Kathy!!! I always learn more about getting the best from die cuts and papers when I watch your amazing videos. This whole folio is just dreamy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness, Kathy! What a fabulous gift for a new Mom! You know how much I love your tags and pockets and tiny albums, and this one may just top the rest of your paper artistry! Perhaps it's the subject matter that makes this so special--nothing like a new baby to love. You have done, as always, an exceptional job of showcasing many of Tammy's wonderful papercrafting products! I'll have to come back for the video! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much! It was a joy to create with these fabulous stamps and dies! Tammy's designs are full of "happy" and designed with the crafter in mind. You made my day with these lovely comments! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I love how you colored the sentiment to blend so beautifully with the papers! Gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete