Thursday, January 28, 2016

Our Newest Guest Designer - Amanda Pink

Please join us in welcoming our newest Guest Designer, Amanda Pink from Ink-A-Pink, a Top Pick from our 'Tis The Season challenge.


Hello Everyone , Amanda here ,otherwise known in the blog world as Ink-A-Pink

It is a real honour to be featured as a Guest designer here today. Thank you so much to ALL the  Frilly and Funkie team for giving me this wonderful opportunity to share some of my creativity with you all.

I'm a Yorkshire girl ‘born n bred’ living in England's Steel City, Sheffield. From a very young age I have always had a keen interest in anything Arty or Creative whether it be in the 'doing' or the 'viewing'. I have hand painted T-shirts, knitted, sewed, made cards, painted in watercolours and pencil sketched over the years and though I occasionally still let my pencil take a walk along the page or let the paint flow freely from the brush I now spend most of my time crafting making either cards, journal pages or mixed media projects. I began devoting a lot more of my time to crafting in 2011 and started blogging in February 2015 so despite having an arty background I feel my creative journey is only just beginning as I have so much more learning and playing to do! To quote Picasso - 'Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life' - and for me this is never truer!



With the current challenge theme being  ‘Enjoy your Embossing ‘ I have altered an empty glass perfume bottle using Wendy Vecchi Faux granite technique . I have also embellished the  bottle ( isn’t it cute)  with an embossed poinsettia  and my ever fave hex nuts .

I do hope you like my embossed bottle and if you wish to see more you are very welcome to pop by my blog.

* * *

Amanda. thank you for sharing your wonderful little bottle with us.  If you too want to get in on the 'Enjoy your Embossing' challenge and be in with a chance of being a future Guest Designer, you have until February 9th at 11:55 pm EST to create something and we would love to have you join us.

28 comments:

  1. Oh Amanda this is so wonderful! Really need to see more so off to your blog. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenny and thanks for stopping by my blog too x

      Delete
  2. Lovely Amanda , love the faux granite on your perfume bottle and the lovely textural embossing. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy Amanda, this is amazing! I love all the blues, and what a creative way to incorporate the embossing theme!! It's such a pleasure having you with us today as our guest designer! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw Thank you so much Pamellia . Its been a real pleasure to be able to Guest design for you all here at Frilly and Funkie . Thanks for inviting me x

      Delete
  4. Awesome chick, and congrat 😀x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Arlene and thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  5. This is fantastic Amanda! I've been over to your blog to see more. The altered perfume bottle, faux granite and all that metal is such a yummy combination. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Zoe and thanks too for stopping by my blog . My pleasure to be able to share x

      Delete
  6. Wow, how cool is this! The embossed poinsettia is the coolest EVER! Love this, congrats on your feature!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is just gorgeous! great way to upcycle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Wendy for your lovely kind comment and for stopping by. You made it possible so thakyou so much x

      Delete
  8. AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL Amanda. Perfect guest design post - loved it! j.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic altered bottle from Amanda - amazing lustre on the surface.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a whimsically delightful project, Amanda! The finishes are gorgeous and the design is truly unique. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathy and thanks too for inviting me - its been a pleasure x

      Delete
  11. I have just come from your blog, so you already know how much I love your altered bottle, it is an absolute delight my friend!! You are so talented! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW thank you so much and thank you for the love you left at Pink HQ lol . Much appreciated . Big hugs xx

      Delete
  12. Fabulous creation Amanda, congratulations on your guest DT post, very well deserved! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Amanda! Your project is stunning!! Your creativity really shines through in your altered bottle. It is so COOL! That faux granite technique is something I really want to try.
    Hugs,
    Nancy
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete