Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Jane!

First of all Happy New Year to everyone; we hope 2015 brings you everything you hope for!

To kick off the New Year, today we are welcoming Jane of Jane's Journal as our Guest Designer for the current challenge which is 'Anything Goes'. Jane was chosen by the DT as the winner of the 'A Gift from the Heart' challenge and was invited to join us a Guest Designer.


My name is Jane of Jane's Journal, I live in Surrey in the UK and I have been a "make and do girl" from the time I could hold a pencil or paint brush.  I kept scrap books as a child long before the term "scrap booking" was used. I work part time for the NHS as a physiotherapist and I craft in what little spare time I have. My family is the most important thing in my life and our newest addition is our 1 year old gorgeous granddaughter, Daisy Jane. I am also a silver smith, jewellery maker, keen photographer and gardener but paper crafting is my real passion at the moment. I love getting inky hands in my garden studio (when it is warm enough to work outside). Recently I have been dabbling in mixed media and I like to learn and explore new products, ideas and techniques. I have been blogging for over 4 years and I treasure the friendships I have found with fellow crafters the world over. I share my blog space with our great cat, Billy, who often features there.


I was thrilled to find myself chosen as a recent winner of the Frilly and Funkie challenge with my Christmas book box and decided to make my an inspirational wall hanger to "ring in" the New Year for my Guest Design spot today.


I have a detailed tutorial over at my blog which I hope you will enjoy. This project started it's life as the mount from a photo frame which I turned into a Christmas shadow box.


I knew it would come in useful, us crafters do like to up-cycle don't we! Wishing everyone a very happy, healthy and crafty 2015!

What a fabulous project from Jane! I'm sure you'll all agree that this has provided you with even more inspiration for the current challenge where 'Anything Goes'.

If you would like to be in with a chance to feature here as Guest Designer, all you need to do is join in!

8 comments:

  1. What a fantastic way to bring in the New Year in style Jane! Love this beautiful hanging and so thrilled to have you join us today. Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning and a very happy new year to everyone. We didn't get in til 2.30am this morning but had great fun seeing in 2015. Thanks so much for having me here as your GD. I really enjoyed making my wall hanging and I hope it will inspire my son for the whole of 2015. Cheers! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic wall hanging Jane! What a wonderful textured background. Love how you included the bells and weathered clock. And what a fantastic quote to look at every day - very inspirational. So delighted to have you with us this week as our guest designer!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wall hanging! Great textures and colors. My favorite elements are the butterflies. Beautiful blue tones...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jane, this is amazing!! I am loving all the wonderful texture and vintage colours, and the weathered clock was a Christmas gift, so you have really inspired me to put it to good use! What a treat having you here as the first guest designer of 2015!! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing Jane - love your design, all the hues and fantastic textures. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful wall hanging, Jane! What a perfect way to welcome the New Year. Thank you so much for guest designing with us. I love everything you create!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Jane, what a wonderful way to start the New Year for you as Guest Designer and so well deserved with your beautiful book card you made. Must stop by your blog to see more of this fabulous design and wonderful vibrant butterflies.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete