Thursday, April 24, 2014

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Sandy !

It's Thursday which means it's time to welcome today's Guest Designer, Sandy Diller of My Crafty Life on the internet. Sandy was chosen by the DT as the winner of the Time after Time challenge. So, let's move on and hear what Sandy has to say.


I’m “Sew Happy” to be a guest designer here at Frilly and Funkie to share my latest project with you.  With the theme, “On The Runway”, anything sewing or fashion related, I’m truly in my element.  This theme is near and dear to my heart and it all started when my grandmother taught me how to sew.  I love the vintage style and that shabby, tattered feeling that I’ve used in my shadow box. 

My formal training is in an entirely different field but I have always loved crafting and have been making things for as long as I can remember.  We are retired in sunny Arizona and travel by RV in the summer to escape the heat.





On our adventures I delight in visiting all kinds of shops, stores and flea markets.  My stash is filled with my fabulous finds, like the real tape measure I used to make the bow on this project. 

I hope you enjoy my Sewing Shadow Box and will drop my blog www.sandydiller.blogspot.com (My “Crafty” Life On The Internet) to see more photos and a short tutorial. 

Fantastic project Sandy and loads more inspiration for the current challenge 'On the Runway'. Thank you for joining us here at Frilly and Funkie.

If you would like to be a Guest Designer here too, you need to do join in with the Frilly and Funkie challenge. 

9 comments:

  1. What a great shadow box Sandy. So many clever ideas like the tape on the top and the lace around the bobbin. Love it. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely make Sandy and a great step by step on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally adorable - the pattern background is spot on perfect for this challenge and I absolutely LOVE the tape measure ribbon - brilliant make! Thanks so much, Sandy, for being our guest designer this week and congratulations again on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic project with so many wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely shadow box with lots of quirky little touches. Congratulations.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous shadow box Sandy - just off to look at your blog! Congratulations! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shadow box is quite magnificent Sandy. Love it. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy, your altered sewing box is amazing! You have given attention to every sweet vintage detail. I love it!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great to have you with us Sandy and your project is sew delightful!! Such a wonderful piece of home decor for a sewer!! The tape measure bow on top really made me smile…such a great idea! ((hugs)) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete