Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday Focus - Prima Products

Hello and welcome! I'm so happy you're here and that I can share my creation with you~ Today at Frilly and Funkie, it's Friday Focus which means a 15% discount off of today's focus on Prima products! They are one of my all-time favorite companies...

RebeccaDeeprose bird-1

This card began with Prima's 'Lace and Gems Border' called Melody. Their combination borders are exquisite and I've been wanting to work with this beautiful jade/aqua sort of combination for too long! I found a die cut birdcage in my stash and from there, I was off and running!

RebeccaDeeprose Bird-2

Using Ranger's Snow Cap Mixative with Vintage Patinas on an alcohol ink applicator on Primas's 'Vintage Mechanical Flowers' and 'Vintage Mechanical Leaves', I created flowers that mix some paper layers (that were colored with Distress Reinkers) to add that wonderful 'hard/soft' contrast. These coordinated with the colors of the trim and die cut. For the paper flowers, I placed drops of the Distress Reinkers in each of the colors (listed at the bottom of this post) onto my non-stick craft mat and, with a small paint brush, added light touches of the inks and then spritzed them with lots of water to cause the colors to migrate through the paper and blend. When the paper was fully saturated, I rubbed the surface lightly with my finger tip, which aided the blending and then shaped the petals and dried them with a heat tool...

RebeccaDeeprose Bird-3

The patterned paper is from Prima's new 'Something Blue' 6x6 collection. The pad is full of really yummy patterns!

This was truly a quick card. Preparing the metal and paper flowers took a few minutes and the rest, just required positioning! Working with things you love also seems to make time evaporate!

Don't forget, all Prima products will have that 15% discount applied at The Funkie Junkie Boutique this week.

Sending you ((hugs)) and blessings,



These products used to make the card above are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Ranger/Tim Holtz/Prima and most other name brand products are always 20% belowMSRP.


6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Rebecca. I love the way you've altered the flowers to work with the fabulous trim. So exciting to see lots of Prima bargains too!! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny~ I really do love working with Prima! There line just mixes so beautifully! ((hugs)) Rebecca

      Delete
  2. Very shabby chic and very beautiful Rebecca, I love the Prima products you have used. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Redanne~ I loved working with them! It was a pleasure. ((hugs)) Rebecca

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous card and lovely display of the Prima products, Rebecca!! You make everything come together so beautifully!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Nancy~ The hardest part was choosing which items to use!! Not many companies I say that about! ((hugs)) Rebecca

      Delete