Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday Focus - Distress Stains

Hello and welcome to today's Friday Focus here at Frilly and Funkie! It's Sue here and today the product I'm focussing on is Distress Stains. This coming week there will be a 15% discount on the price of all Distress Stains at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.


Distress Stains are available in all of the colours that are in the Distress Ink range, so blending together is really easy !


I've used one of the large jumbo tags that Linda sells in the Funkie Junkie Boutique. I scribbled Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserve, Ripe Persimmon and Picket Fence onto my craft sheet and 'swooshed' the tag through the ink.



I then used a stamp from the Tim Holtz Mixed Media set and swiped Picket Fence Distress Stains over it and stamped onto the tag.


I continued stamping with different colour Distress Stains.


I then used Watering Can Archival Ink and Tim Holtz stamps from the Artful Tools and Classic 4 sets.


I then used Pumice Stone Distress Ink around the edge to frame the tag.


I used more Picked Raspberry Distress Stain to dye some seam binding, which is great as you can co-ordinate you ribbon with your project.


I used the Artistic Outpost A Lovely Day stamp set and blended Distress Inks over the images.


I added some tissue tape, washi tape, lace and embellishments to finish.


I used a second jumbo tag to create a small tag book. I used lots of Distress Stains on the tag to start and then I sprayed it with Ink Refresher, which gave the tag a lovely leathery feel.

I hope you've enjoyed today's focus on Distress Stains and remember they are discounted by 15% through to April 10th at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

Sue

9 comments:

  1. Stunning project Sue, the background to your tag looks fantastic and I love how you finished it with the AO stamp! Thanks also for the reminder of the ink refresher, it gives such a cool effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial Sue. Love the way you've put those Distress Stains through their paces here. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have created such a beautiful background for those wonderful AO stamps and I love that you created a mini booklet, the cover is superb. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tags! Distress stains have always been some of my favorite things to craft with. I haven't used them in awhile, this makes me want to get them out again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag creations, Sue! I love your use of color and how you created amazing backgrounds with Distress Stains.
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layers of Distress Stain stamping - it looks so beautiful. Glorious use of the AO stamps too... fabulous Focus.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo beautiful.... love the layering of the stains!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, these are gorgeous!!! I love the combos you achieved with the DS's and I can see that I'm going to have to get up to my elbows in this stuff!! Thanks for such great inspiration! ((hugs)) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete