Saturday, March 29, 2014

Saturday Step X Step - Hey Mr Music man .

Well it is Trace here and my turn to show you a step X step. Now as soon as I saw the new Brett Weldele stamps ..I knew some of them were for me..the quirky style just appealed ...so here is my step X step make using Brett Weldeles' Music Man set . Linda has all the new designs from Brett Weldele in store now ...so why not check them out. Here is the set I have used.
 
I started with a #10 tag. I applied some distress stain in pumice stone and frayed burlap to my craft sheet , spritzed the tag and swooshed through the stains..drying and spritzing until happy with it. Then set this aside.
I then took a #8 tag and tore off the bottom part , covering with some Tim Holtz paper with music design.This is too dark for the final creation but with a little picket fence distress stain magic it can be toned down see below.
I wanted a hint of the design but not for it to over take the whole finished piece, so a couple of coats of picket fence distress stain and the detail is still visible but not the focus ...
Now for planning out the design of the final tag. I die cut some of the new trellis framework die from the same paper...found an adage ticket which I cut in two and also added some tissue tape to the smaller tag. I always leave my pieces loose until the end , as I like to play around and sometimes change the design but laying them out helps plan the final layout.
Here it is with the main image stamped out, I will fussy him but just using this to get the layout in my mind.
Once happy with the layout I stuck down the trellis using the plain side of the paper and then filled in the gaps using the patterned music side of the paper. I also added the two pieces of the adage ticket and some music tissue tape. For the sentiment I stamped in jet black archival and then tore the bottom part and cut the other edges . I coloured using frayed burlap distress ink and over stamped with the music stamp from the set in frayed burlap too, edging in walnut stain DI.
 Here is the detail , so you don't have to stand on your head!
Now for the main image ..I stamped him in jet black archival and then added colour using my treasured distress markers and water brush.
Now for the final touches...which again before gluing I lay onto the piece and fiddle around until happy.


So here are the details ...
Some rolled music tissue tape inside the little vial wrapped with wire . Some cogs too.
At the top of the tag some seam binding dyed with frayed burlap distress stain, a type charm filled with piece of the same music paper and covered with layer of glossy accents, a gorgeous new idea-ology arrow and also some more cogs x
Well hope you like this make and make sure you hop across to see all the other new goodies in the boutique...there are lots more Brett stamps to choose from as well of lots of other goodies x



23 comments:

  1. Fabulous Step x Step Trace ! Love all the layers you've created. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant tag I love these stamps too.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant step x step Trace! I've got a couple of the framework dies on my wish list :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant hun super step by step fantastic tag hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this and thanks for sharing your creative process I really enjoy seeing how people put their ideas together x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tag Trace. I'm totally amazed with all the elements you have managed to get on a tag. Great step by step too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag Trace - love all the layers! That music man is great too - nice set of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally fabulous, Trace! Love that tag on tag approach, great vintage neutral palette and super work with all the Idea-ology goodies!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful tag with all those great layers and the idea-ology pieces.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally fabulous Trace! I love those stamps and love what you did with them - fabulous colours and design and so many layers! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Trace, I do love that set of stamps, not seen it before. Love what you have done with it too, your layout is so beautiful. Love this. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning tag Trace, love how you have used that stamp set, it looks so cool, - great embellishing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is soooo cool!! I love that stamp set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Trace!! Your tag is totally COOL!! I love your colored image and all the elements you've combined to achieve this gorgeous work of art. Thank you for sharing your process and for all the wonderful inspiration!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully put together Trace, wonderful details and design xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fabulous tag! Great composition Trace, love what you've done! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this tag, Trace! The layers and the embellishments--AWESOME!! That little monkey kinda freaks me out, though :) Thanks for the step x step!! XOXO-SHari

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! A wonderful tag, I love that image.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant musical make, Trace - love it! - and a great step by step, thank you.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totaly awesome Trace..The stamps look so amazing and I love the wonderful layout...more for my wishlist. TFS

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a terrific make Trace. Thanks for sharing deets of all those fabulous layers and elements. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this tag! The background is perfect. Love the music on the smaller tag and the music coming through the trelis die cut. Such a wonderful way to highlight those fantastic Brett stamps. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooo, I love this tag and how you used Brett's stamps! Love that set!

    ReplyDelete