I have made a couple new cards to showcase her buttons. First up is a card that would work for a guy - buttons make a great substitute for flowers and bows.
I don't have step by step photos for you this time but here is how I made the card from the bottom up:
I started with some blue card stock for my blank and then added a fabulous plaid Maja paper from the Autumn Basics pad that I distressed a bit with my scissors. Next came some kraft corrugated cardboard that I roughed up and swiped with some Gesso.
The next layer is another paper from the Maja pad that I also distressed and stenciled with some Walnut Stain Distress Ink and an offset of some Rose Quartz Treasure Gold wax paste. Both papers were inked on the edges with Weathered Wood distress ink. I added a gorgeous filigree corner and some copper crochet lace.
Next I added a vintage image of an old McCall's shirt pattern and then I took a button card image and sewed some carved coconut shell buttons on it. I think those buttons on a shirt would make for one special garment. These pieces were inked on the edges with some Vintage Photo distress ink. The final step was to add a trinket pin and a copper mosaic tile.
My second new card is one for a gal and has a mixture of buttons from my stash with a gorgeous floral button from The Funkie Junkie Boutique.
This time I started with some grey card stock for the blank and again pulled papers from the Maja Autumn Basics pad for the background. Next I added a panel that is one corner from another paper from the pad and was already printed with the flourish and text. I took yet another paper and punched a lace edge on it and then added some ivory crochet lace on top.
The heart was hand cut from some Grunge Paper and then inked with Tattered Rose distress ink and stamped with the crosshatch stamp from the Tim Holtz Ultimate Grunge set using Archival Ink.
The fan is just a strip of another Maja paper that I inked on one edge with Aged Mahogany distress ink, spritzed with water and then gathered into shape. I glued it to a strip of card stock and then added some lace to the bottom and a flower button.
The butterfly was punched with a Martha Stewart punch and the sentiment is computer generated. The big rose is made from another Maja paper and sits on top of a couple ribbon loops that are actually seam binding that I dyed with some Milled Lavender distress ink.
Finally I added a couple more buttons from my stash and that gorgeous rose button and then scattered a few pink gems about for sparkle.
I have used buttons on recent projects to make flower centres, including the project in the current challenge that you can see here. In the first example below I turned one of the coconut shell buttons upside down to make a centre for the yellow flower. In the next example I used the buttons as is and in the bottom example I topped the big black and white button with a tiny red rose for a pop of colour.
I hope you will be inspired to use buttons on your next projects.
The following items used in the making of the new cards came from The Funkie Junie Boutique:
Check out the buttons that I used on the projects I am showing you again, including the collage in the current challenge: