Saturday, August 3, 2013

Step x Step - Accordion Card

Hello and welcome to today's Step x Step ! It's Sue here and today I'm sharing my first experiment making an Accordion Card. As the current challenge theme is Any Way you Fold it my thoughts were still on different folds and I've been itching to have a go with this die, so here we go.


I started by cutting 4 panels and then blending Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge Distress Inks over both sides.



Then I used the gorgeous background stamp from the Wendy Vecchi Heirloom Art set and stamped over all 4 panels using Coffee Archival ink.




 I cut 4 smaller panels using a Nestability and used more Distress Ink with some of the fabulous Wendy Vecchi's stencils. I love the check pattern you can create using the Yikes Stripes stencil.


 I then  cut some strips of DIY masking tape and painted them using Spiced Marmalade Distress Paint.


Using an ordinary pencil with a rubber on the end I dipped it into some brown acrylic paint and dabbed it onto the painted masking tape.


I then started to stamp the images for each panel. I used the above stamp from the Artistic Outpost Paris Exposition set and used a smaller Nestability to cut out part of the image. I blended lots of Distress Ink around the edges, which you'll see in a later photo.


I used the Movers and Shapers Mini Stamp die and the stamps from the Artistic Outpost Paris Exposition set. I quite liked not having the complete image on the stamps. Again, you'll see in a later photo I used lots of Distress Ink around the edges of the stamps.



For one of the panels I've used this beautiful stamp from the Artistic Outpost Flower Market set and I've used Distress Markers and stamped onto watercolour paper.


I then used 2 different sizes of flower dies and cut out the stamped image and also cut 2 flowers from brown tissue paper which I then stamped over with some text. 



I made a smaller flower using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flower strip die. I cut several flowers from an old book page, layered them and then rubbed some Vintage Photo Distress Ink over the edge of the petals. 


Here are the four finished panels, I also added some ripped pieces from an old book to some of the panels and I've stamped on them with a script stamp. For the 'Joie de Vivre' panel I've used the Artistic Outpost Flower Market and Paris Exposition sets again. I cut the girls face out using the Mini Bottle Cap die and cut the text into separate words.



Here's the final card, which was really tricky to photograph ! I've blended more Distress Ink around the edges of the panels to age them.


 I've taken some close ups of the finished panels so that you can see the details. I stamped some acrylic paint dots on a piece of book page for the background on the above panel.


 Here you can see the girls face a little better on the bottle cap and also the finished flower.


I layered the above image on some more book paper and rubbed some Distress Ink over the edges of the paper flowers.


I've added some May Arts crocheted lace to this panel.

I hope you've enjoyed today's step x step and you've still got time to show us your different folds !

Sue
x

16 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, your card is WONDERFUL! The accordian die is my favourite die - ever, it is so much fun to use and I love what you did with it. You have shown that it does not necessarily need the second die to make if look fabulous too. Wonderful work. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great accordian die make, love how you have decorated all your panels looks fab!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, this is amazing Sue, I love it!! So many clever ideas and little details to admire, the crossed Wendi stencil, stamping with the rubber bit of the pencil just to mention a couple.... I absolutely adore each of the panels, the whole thing looks fantastic!! You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Awesome Sauce' Sue! (as my kids would say) what a fantastic tutorial. Love the stamping and stencilling techniques you've shown and as Anne says, it's great for those who only have the main die. You will need to make more of these. Hugs, Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue this is FAB-U-LOUS!. I love the finished project with all your wonderful details but your tutorial provides a wealth of information for a newbie at techniques like me.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that accordion card die and you've done such a fantastic job using it! I love the colors, so soft and late summery feel to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously sensational, Sue! What a wonderful make. I absolutely love how you used the Wendy Vecchi and the Artistic Outpost stamps! Very cool cuts with the mini bottle cap and stamp dies too! Fantastic stepxstep to inspire our visitors!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue
    what a fantastic card it really is stunning with all the stamping and layering. I love what you have done with it and you keep seeing things you missed when you first looked
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Sue. Your tutorial is super too and I hope to make one soon. Just back from my holidays. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely scrumptious... I love the different die-cut shapes for all the images, wonderful layering on the panels, and the flowers are a perfect finishing touch. Gorgeous background stencilling and stamping, and as I said over at yours, such wonderful warm honey colours. A complete joy of a card! And a great tutorial too, naturally...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab project! I have that die, but haven't been brave enough to have a go at it...now I will! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really gorgeous make, love what you have created here, have this die, cut out and day to go...and that's where I got! May just have to finish it now! Hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful! And I just won the Sofiere collection from Maja and they are the most beautiful papers I have ever seen!!! Thanks for carrying them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful! So many gorgeous details.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is SO COOL! LOVE the fold, and all your amazing details ooze from every ounce of this beauty! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete